1. Define Synonyms: Use "Google Sets" to brainstorm synonyms for your topic or niche. For example, if your topic is dog products, you can go for pet products, pet beds, leashes, etc..
2. Search with "how": Many times people seek for answers when they search online. They use the word "how" while searching. Using the synonyms found in the above method combined with "how", you can get more number of keyphrases with the Google keyword suggestion tool.
3. Note down your action terms: Record the action terms like training, advertising, buying etc.. These are the terms people use while looking for information related to dogs or pets. Use this list to brainstorm synonyms for these terms as well.
Open your keyword tool, enter your action term combined with your topic and find out what people are interested in and what they are searching for.
4. Search count: Generally people go for keywords that have high search count value. Ranking for these keywords takes longer time, from weeks to months depending on the competition of keywords.
Do not neglect keywords that have low search count. You can take 3 -4 low search count keywords and combine them to form a long tail keyword. You can develop content around this long tail keyword and submit in your site.
5. Magazines: Use magazines related to your niche to find what people are looking for. Look for the topic that is posted more frequently and for more number of times in the magazine. Choose such topics, develop content around them and post in your site or blog.
0 • •