On-page optimization is really an important part of seo, as it affects SERP Results for website. A proper onpage optimization can give you tremendous results in SERP within a few time duration.
The procedure for on-page optimization includes following steps:
1) Title Tag changes
2) Heading Tags changes
3) Meta Tags changes
4) Content optimization
5) Image optimization
6) 301 redirection
7) Robot.txt file creation
Nofollow, Dofollow tags creation
9) Increase user experience.
10) Call to action optimization
SEO has several benefits, which we can summarize below:
1) Seo help a website to get high rank in search engines.
2) It helps a site to get traffic.
3) It helps a site to create brand awareness.
4) It helps a site to generate leads and conversion.
5) It helps a product or service to make available.
6) Its cost effective method to promote a site.
You can submit your site at:- https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
Besides these you can share link of your web directory at:- http://www.twitter.com and in http://www.facebook.com
Also try to do blog commenting on relevant site and if the blog is Bloggerspot.com, then its the best as Google crawl Bloggerspot.com in a very frequent way.
You can also create a blog on Bloggerspot.com and your site get indexed within 48 hr. Its my personal experience...