I feel as if Google is playing with me in the SERPs. I am having a difficult time understanding why I am receiving very little to no traffic for my website and absolutely nothing from Adsense. During the month of May I was averaging several hundred visitors a day but before that and since it has been awful numbers, mostly 20-60 visitors a day through search. The website in question is Youthful investor(dot)com
Here is what I am doing:
- I post to my blog every other day during the week
- I write only original content, occasionally using the keyword tool to try to match what people are looking for
- Writing a guest post about once a week
- Accepting guest posts about once every other week
- I have more than 100 pages indexed
- Adsense is only placed in the "hot zones"
- Ads are not overwhelming
- I used to do "linkbuilding" by blog commenting on my own but have not for months
One thing I am thinking is that I might not be considered an authority and perhaps that is why I am not showing as the top result for some of my search terms. One example is "Action Alerts Plus Review." I have written an incredible piece for this keyword and have received much praise for it. Yet the top result for it is half the content as mine, not nearly as detailed and actually quite general; hardly helpful.
Is this what I am up against? There are days when I receive 60 visitors and other in which I receive only 15. This is really hard to believe and frustrating. I blog because I like it and am passionate about the topic. But I really do need to make money from this. Any advice please?
0 · ·